This weekend was the first weekend in ages that I’ve been able to sit at home and do nothing. It was ace. Have to say thanks to everyone who came out to the Chris T-T shows last week in Newcastle, Edinburgh and Glasgow. The spinning of plates that went on in the organisation of the shows seemed to have paid off, mostly. Many thanks to The Jellyman’s Daughter and Benny Monteux for coming along on the shows too. Prior that, the band and I send our thanks to Simon and Cat in Dunfermline for a lovely show at Monty’s to end the RFPB 2013, and to Boab at Punk Rock Rammy for the wonderful support slot with Larry and His Flask and Crazy Arm.
2014 is in the works now, with plans to tour the UK more regularly, get the band over to the states for some East Coast shows, and a solo tour of some German towns in April. Some of the concerts have already been announced on the gigs page. This excites me tremendously.
Oh, and we’ve also got the small task of recording our new EP, entitled “Doctors and Dates” and everything that comes with that. It is getting released through our friends at Different Circle Records.
This year seems to have flown by, with two journeys around the UK to promote our album “In Death Do We Part?” which we released in March (and sold out its initial run in November), my three month trip to New York, re-modelling the band and playing some of our best shows ever. Yeah, there were crap points, but that’s the same with every year.
Now, since we’re at the end of it, it seems like the only thing to do is compile some top 5 lists.
- Lucy Ward – Single Flame
- Billie Joe & Norah – Foreverly
- Christy Moore – Where I come From
- Larry and his Flask – By the Lamp Light
- The Indelicates – Diseases of England
Special mention to Mark McCabe’s album which I was sent this year, but not released till next year. It’s spectacular.
- Mischief Brew @ Grand Victory, Brooklyn, 27th September
- Loudon Wainwright @ Royal Concert Hall, 10th May
- Bruce Springsteen @ Hampden, 18th June
- Greg Holden @ Rockwood Music Hall, 12th September
- Algernon Doll @ 13th Note, 13th June
- Camden Head, Camden with The Indelicates & Keith ToTP
- King Tuts, Glasgow, with Jim Lockey & The Solemn Sun
- The Lamb, Devizes
- The Saint, Asbury Park, NJ
- Cerberus, Dundee, with Oxygen Thief & Mark McCabe
Onwards to 2014!