We come to another end of another year. Parts of me are really happy to see the back of 2012, but there are still bits of it I’ll have a fondness of. In particular, releasing our As You Are EP in August and hopefully getting people excited for the much delayed album, which is definitely coming out soon.
An end of year post wouldn’t be the same without a couple of top 5 lists, so here’s the Dave Hughes Roll of Honour
Top 5 Gigs I played:
1. The Telegraph Bar, Newcastle
2. The Bay, Glasgow
3. The Old Bank Bar, Greenock
4. Cafe Continental, Gourock
5. The Forest Cafe, Edinburgh
Top 5 Musical Offerings bought or discovered but not necessarily released in 2012:
1. Green Day’s trilogy (Uno, Tre then Dos)
2. Lucy Ward’s Aldephi must Fly
3. Adam Boucher & The Dead Set – Beginners
4. Loudon Wainwright’s Older than my old man now
5. Bruce Springsteen’s Wrecking Ball
All in all, 2012 was quite a quiet year for me and the band (only 24 gigs played as opposed to 45 in 2011). Too much focussing on getting the album finished and not enough playing live. We really hope to fix this in 2013, with the album coming out end of February and a tour being in the process of being booked. I’ll be announcing some dates in the middle of January
And finally, I leave you with a wee Christmas EP that I released last week. Five songs that I found lying about my laptop as unfinished recordings of covers. Nothing special, but I’m pretty happy with it.